Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ok, this is my first blog, so this whole assignment will be interesting throughout the semester. Alright... Here we go!

From the time I was really young, I have always tried really hard to keep a journal; I would use this mostly to get rid of my feelings that I was experiencing at the time. One time in particular, I was really frustrated with my parents. I felt like they did not understand me or my feelings, and expected far too much from me. I didn't feel it was acceptable for my parents to require me to clean the bathroom before I was allowed to read a book that I had been looking forward to reading. Who wants to clean the bathroom in the first place? Let alone having to do it just to stay home! If I was wanting to go somewhere, like to go play with my friends, I would have understood, because it would have made sense. But cleaning the toilet did not seem like a fair exchange to me... I was just going to be staying home after all! Well, I don't remember what happened, but I know that much yelling and crying came from my parents and I... Well, I guess that was all from me. Anyways, after all this, I ended up storming too my room to "yell" at my parents everything that I was not allowed to say in front of them, by way of my journal. My journal entry then consisted of several...probably not that nice thoughts of frustration directed towards my parents. "I hate you!!" "You don't love me!" "I wish I was dead!" were just a few of the things I wrote. After writing my feelings, I re read my entry just to make sure I got it all down when I realised something: Maybe my parents had a reason for making me learn to clean and not let me do whatever I wanted to do... And it was probably so I wouldn't become a spoiled brat. As I was re reading what I had written, I had realised that thats exactly what I sounded like: A spoiled, selfish, brat! Well... I later wrote a note apologizing to both my parents and left it on their pillows so they would see it before they went to bed. Everything was good between us after that, and I never...well... I can't exactly say never... but I tried really hard to not act like a selfish brat when it came to my chores again. Even if I was simply staying home all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment